At the department the following subjects for the students of ІV, V, VI years are taught:
1) infectious diseases;
2) pediatric infectious diseases;
3 ) Cours of Actual problems of HIV infection.
The post-diploma education of the subjects of infectious diseases and pediatric infectious diseases:
1) internship in infectious diseases, pediatric infectious diseases and family medicine;
2) clinical ordinature;
Due to its fruitful work the department is one of the leading scientific collectives in Ukraine in the subject of infectious diseases and close directions: allergology, immunology, pulmonology, gastroenterology. The staff of the department has a rich experience in international collaboration with medical scientific associations of Europe and USA. Since 2006 year a scientific grant in collaboration with scientists of USA on the problems of HIV/AIDS genetics is being performed at the department.
The main scientific directions of the department’s work are the following:
- Investigation of the clinics, pathogenesis, diagnostics and therapy particularities of viral hepatitis in patients with concurrent toxic damage of the liver, including drug-addiction;
- Evaluation of the immunologic and genetic mechanisms of forming of infection-induced pathology in children and adolescents;
- Study of different aspects of perinatal and acquired HIV infection.